Monday 17 July 2017

Lovely - Sanderijn de Bruin


Hi everybody,

I was asked to be guest designer at Mixed Media & Art a few months ago, and I created a lovely mixed media canvas, based on their moodboard, with lovely products from The Dusty Attic, Lindy's Stamp Gang, Accent Scrapbooking and Prima Marketing/Finnabair. So I thought I would share it with you. 



This canvas is a gift for my aunt.
She lives next door, and her appletree has such gorgeous blossoms.
Some of the branches hang halfway in my garden, and I took some pictures of them.

The pictures inspired me to make this canvas.
Her birthday is coming up and  I know how much she loves nature and flowers....



First I used white gesso with the gorgeous new Rose Stencil on the canvas.
I painted my chipboard pieces with white gesso too.
Next I builded up my canvas with lace, chipboard, art stones and metal flowers.



I covered the whole canvas with clear gesso.
When it was dry I added Lindy's Rusty lantern Lime and Cotton Candy Pink sprays with a brush, and added water with a spray bottle to let the ink spread over the canvas. I dried with the heattool.



Next I added a layer of white gesso, only dabbering it with a distress ink tool, not covering the whole canvas. I added some Dusty in colour Pesto and Pink too here and there.



I started adding more lace, wire, flowers, the pictures and some flairs.
As a last step I glued down my title and some rhinestones.





Dusty Attic products used:











Thank you for watching!

Love, Sanderijn


4 comments: